The Living Desert in Palm Desert, California is a popular attraction for both locals and visitors. The Living Desert is not an average zoo. It’s a unique approach to conservation and education, giving visitors an unforgettable experience. Here are some interesting facts about The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens.
In the 1970’s trustees from the Palm Springs Desert Museum sought to preserve the natural elements of Palm Springs, including wildlife and plant life. This led to the eventual establishment of a preserve, which is now The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens. With a size of 1200 acres, its continued purpose is to preserve and nurture the natural ecosystem, as well as educate others.
WHAT YOU'LL SEE
- Zoorassic Park is a dinosaur themed adventure with a show and fossil digs.
- Butterfly exhibits allow visitors to view and walk among hundreds of butterflies.
- The Discovery Center, an interactive exhibit, provides exciting education about this desert region including animals, plants, environmental elements such as sand dune formation, and constellations.
- The Jaguar Exhibit gives visitors the opportunity to view and learn about this regal creature in its natural habitat.
- The Animal Encounters exhibit is for visitors who appreciate a little more hands-on discovery. You can encounter reptiles, birds, and small mammals.
- Other animal exhibits include species from Africa, North America, and Australia.
- Group packages and Tours are available to make the most out of your visit.
- And MUCH MORE!
The Living Desert Zoo and Garden is an impressive adventure centered on education and preservation. It’s a must-see for anyone visiting Palm Springs for the first time or the hundredth time. There is just so much to see!
WHERE TO STAY?
Mod Mansions offers Palm Springs vacation home rentals and luxury vacation rentals for a variety of budgets. Discover the Palm Springs and surrounding areas and all it has to offer from your gorgeous vacation getaway! Give us a call to book today - (760) 209-4311