So many fabulous works of art call Palm Springs their home. Check out these divisions and find a favorite to locate again on your next visit!
- Architecture and Design. Check out the large L.J. Cella Collections, a collection of original architectural drawings, furniture and models dating from 1953 to 2004.
- Contemporary Glass. This beautiful glass sculpture collection contains works from leading glass artists like Dale Chihuly and Mildred Howard.
- Modern Art. You're going to love the boldness of The Big 4 by Robert Motherwell.
- Photography. Take a look at fine art photography featuring early era Hollywood.
- Mesoamerican. Be taken back in time with their ancient mesoamerican art.
- Native American and Art of the West. A desert museum wouldn't be complete without stunning desert landscapes or intricate American Indian basketry.
- Weiner Sculpture Collection. This fabulous Henry Moore sculpture is worth the trip alone.
A trip to the museum is never dull thanks to the changing exhibitions, and this year's are really great! Be sure to see the Narratives in Glass (March 24-November 4, 2018), the photographic Journey Through the Desert (March 17-November 25, 2018), and the Andy Warhol prints (March 3-May 28, 2018).
Artists in Residence
Enjoy interactive art with the museum's changing Artists in Residence program. In the past, artists have created art on-site, from sculpture to installation to hybrid art consisting of different mediums at once. The most recent program featured the Andy Warhol prints, in which visitors could learn about and create prints of their own! This unique feature of the museum brings the process of art to your attention, which may be just as interesting and important as the final product.
Enjoy your time at the Palm Springs Art Museum. The images you see within the museum's walls will leave lasting memories that stay with you on your future travels.
To reserve your Palm Springs vacation rental, contact ModMansions today at (760) 209-4311